Research Programs are an integral part of the activities in any Training or Academic Institute.
Initially a Research Centre in collaboration with Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai is to be set up shortly for undertaking a detailed study on "Juvenile Justice Delivery System" in West Bengal.
More and more Research oriented Programmes are in the pipeline, and will come up as the Academy Campus and infrastructure grows in course of time.
Research on Law has also been taken up by the W.B.J.A. in collaboration with West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata. After approval of the eight projects by the Hon’ble High Court, Calcutta, the work has been taken up by the six Principal and Co-investigators in collecting data on their respective topics. The topics of research are as follows :
(1) Judicial Trend in Cases relating to Cyber Crime with Special Reference to West Bengal,
(2) Urbanization and Environment Protection
(3) Regulatory Framework of Contract Farming in India : Control, responsibility, risk and liability,
(4) Juvenile Justice in marginalised Section of the Society - Analysing the Reality,
(5) A Study on Adoption in West Bengal under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000,
(6) Application of Technology in the Judicial Adjudication,
(7) Medical Negligence and Consumer Protection in West Bengal : Need for expanding the Role of Judiciary and
(8) Judicial Activism and the rights of persons with disabilities
© Official website of WBJA, India